Thread: Straight Lead and popped up ATOMIC bread discs

Default Straight Lead and popped up ATOMIC bread discs

Just a quick note for another use for the amazing Atomic Cloud.

Since November 2010 I've chosen Viaduct Fishery In Somerton, Somerset, as my venue of choice for the next few yrs.

Great venue for both Carp and Silvers with 5 lakes used in regular matches and a high level of competition. So I am presently fishing each Sunday in either the Carps AC Winter League or the Viaduct Teams of Five matches. The last 2 weekends have seeen me in action on Cary lake, or scary Cary as some call it due to the size of fish in there.

Typical winter conditions and tactics apply and I have been fortunate to have a lead chuck in the past 2 matches in which I have come 3rd and 2nd on the lake respectively. My tactics have been to use popped up bread discs, using the seymo lunch punch in 10ml I have punched out discs the night before and placed them in a screw topped glug pot with some dry atomic cloud, two pots used, one with the white atomic punch and the other with yellow corn atomic, I place them in the microwave for just 10 seconds which helps the bread become slightly tacky and the atomic cloud then adheres better in my tests, before tightening the lid and giving it all a good shake to disperse the atomic cloud, then just leave in the bag til used.

Now, I haven't been catching many fish, but then again no one has really, 2 weeks ago my 4 carp went 40lb 1oz and last Sunday my 3 fish weighed 36lb 2oz so they are big lasses! I have caught all my fish on 4 discs on a 3cm hair, varying the colour and length of hook length, other people are also using bread but I know of none apart from myself that are adding the Atomic Cloud, and i'm sure that the attraction given off is sufficient to gain me bites over other anglers at this time of year.

So for those who are using this approach at the moment give it a try.

Senior Member Forum Master madd's Avatar
    Blog Entries

nice one W S M , you will never be certain if its the atomic or not, but you can be certain that it wont put the fish off, no feed content and shedloads of attractors GOT to be good, keep on truckin, !!!!!
    too young for bowls, too old for ecstacy,where will it all end

well, last Sunday saw me standing in again at the Viaducts teams of 5, final round. 17 teams, 85 anglers fished over 5 lakes, Campbell, Cary, Lodge, Match and Spring.
    My Capt drew me Spring peg 3, nice island chuck and the chance of some skimmers on the long pole line too. So straight out of the bag were my 2 x Frenzee lead rods for popped up Atomic Bread discs, 2 skimmer lines plumbed up at 14.5 mtrs one with green grub and one with just loose fed caster.
    As it happenned, I stayed on the lead mostly as I had a good fish early on tight to the grass on the island and ended up winning the lake with 73lb 3oz and 6th overall. Most fish came to the yellow Pineapple dusted discs, 4 pieces on a long hair popped up 4" using 4 x 9 stots on the hooklength to pin it down.
    That's 3 matches where i've fished there now and caught well on this, a second on lake, 3rd and now 1st on 3 of the 5 lakes fished. Many other anglers are using the bread discs, but straight from the slice so i'm pretty confident in the Atomic powder's ability to give me the edge.
    Bullock Farm series starting this Sunday so don't return to Viaduct for 2 weeks, hopefully a decent draw will see me do well again, lets hope so!
    Clive

well done clive good angling
    if your not catching youve not GOT baits
    www.gotbaits.com
    www.aldersfarm.com